I Just Wanted To Say...

What is your problem?

Name:
Location: Georgia, United States

I am me. More than I was, less than I will be. This is difficult. Facts-female, southern, mother and grandmother. Abstract-a Christian, a loner, intelligent, somewhat arrogant, impatient with stupidity, an unusual sense of humor.

4/23/2005

MBTI/INTJ

In January, I took the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator test,(http://www.personalitypathways.com/type_inventory.html) . I tested as an INTJ. A short time later, I took the Keirsey Temperment Sorter( http://keirsey.com/ ) and again tested as an INTJ. When I read the description of the personality type, it seemed that someone had been watching me and simply wrote down my behaviours and put a label on them. It was quite a revelation to me to discover that I was the way I was for a reason. Even more of a revelation that there were others like me. I joined an open-list for INTJ's in February and it has meant a great deal to me to finally find people with whom I could be myself.
They are an extremely diverse group. Male and female, different nationalities, different religions or no religion at all, different ages, different careers, different points of view. But with similar personalities and ways of looking at things and a respect for and enjoyment of discussion and rational thought.
Learning what an INTJ is and how an INTJ functions has caused me to reassess my life. I can see now, at least in part, that some of the difficulties of my early life were the result of the fact that I am part of a group that makes up a very small percentage of the population with a very different personality that the world in general doesn't seem to be able to understand.
I intend to break down the four parts and see what kind of effect, good and bad, each part had on my life at different age levels. It is not possible to go back and do it over again. What I am hoping for is a better understanding of my life now and how my past is still affecting it.


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I told you I thought I liked you . Interesting, Larry C.

10:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

|