I Just Wanted To Say...

What is your problem?

Name:
Location: Georgia, United States

I am me. More than I was, less than I will be. This is difficult. Facts-female, southern, mother and grandmother. Abstract-a Christian, a loner, intelligent, somewhat arrogant, impatient with stupidity, an unusual sense of humor.

5/13/2005

This is what we put up with.

Here are some excerpts from an editorial the sheriff wrote about the commission chairman.

May 13, 2005
Sheriff offers to play Robin to B.....'s Batman


When I think of Commissioner B....., my mind often drifts to my
childhood playmate. From my encounters with his leadership it appears that in addition to being the elected chairman that he wants to be the Sheriff, the Police Chief, the Fire Chief, the State Representative, the Senator, the School Superintendent and the Governor all wrapped into one.
Strange, but I have been under the impression that the Sheriff is the one with delusions of grandeur. He thinks he had been elected G-d Almighty. He wants to be introduce as "The High Sheriff". Not joking.


Instead of fruitlessly reminding him that he is not the Sheriff,
nor has the authority to run the Sheriff's office, I am going to once again take my uncle's advice. If Commissioner B..... will accept, I am going to swear him in as an honorary Lieutenant Colonel in the Sheriff's office and issue him a gun and badge and invite him to ride with me as I patrol the streets of .......... County.This could be a beautiful reunion of an old crime fighter from the past teaming up with an inspiring young crime fighter of the future to combat the forces of evil in ......... County. Okay ........., you win. Here are the keys to the batmobile. You can be Batman, and I will be Robin. Chief P..... can be Alfred, and we will also let Captain T...... tag along so that he can do the press release on our exploits. Let's just go fight crime!

If a defendant came into the courtroom and started talking this kind of garbage, he would probably end up with a court-ordered psych evaluation. This is our sheriff.

A co-worker suggested a law be passed that in order to qualify to run for public office, you would have to pass a psych eval. I wonder how many elected officials would still be elected officials!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|