I Just Wanted To Say...

What is your problem?

Name:
Location: Georgia, United States

I am me. More than I was, less than I will be. This is difficult. Facts-female, southern, mother and grandmother. Abstract-a Christian, a loner, intelligent, somewhat arrogant, impatient with stupidity, an unusual sense of humor.

7/13/2005

Big Thrill (well, it is for me)

When I came home for lunch today, there was a package waiting for me.
I ordered some books last week and when I saw the package, I knew what was in it.
My heart gave a thump and I felt a smile grow on my face. I put everything down and reached out for the package. I was so happy. I didn't open it right away, but just held it for a minute to prolong the anticipation.

Then it occurred to me. I reacted to a new book the way some women respond to a lover. I laughed at myself, but it didn't diminish my enjoyment of the moment at all.

I've already finished the book and have re-read a part of it. I will probably have finished the second reading either tonight or tomorrow.

And then, I'll wait for the next arrival.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|