I Just Wanted To Say...

What is your problem?

Name:
Location: Georgia, United States

I am me. More than I was, less than I will be. This is difficult. Facts-female, southern, mother and grandmother. Abstract-a Christian, a loner, intelligent, somewhat arrogant, impatient with stupidity, an unusual sense of humor.

7/02/2005

No time for vampire spiders

I dream in color and I can usually remember at least two of the dreams I have during the night unless I am completely exhausted. Then I remember nothing.
I had a dream that both annoyed and amused me. Particularly since it was so very much me.
Imagine your typical B-horror movie small town. Perfect little place with a nasty secret. I'm not sure why I was there, but I know I had a lot to do. I was walking down Main Street early in the morning at my usual clip and out of one of the little shops steps a woman. She has a hairy, seven-inch long, black and tan striped spider hanging from the side of her neck with his fangs sunk into her artery and she leaps at me with another vampire spider in her hand aimed at my throat.
Do I scream? Do I flee in panic and fear? No, I shove her backwards and yell at her. "I don't know what your problem is, but I have things to do and I don't have time for you." For the rest of my dream day, it happens over and over. The mayor, the sheriff, the banker, the school teacher, maybe the entire town have vampire spiders hanging off their necks and keep jumping out at me. And every time my response is annoyed impatience, because I'm really moving through my day and I just have too much to do to take the time to let them fasten one of those spiders on me. Focus, focus, focus on getting everything done.
The dream amused me because of the outrageous nature of the dream and my even more outrageous response. I had a really good laugh at myself and the silliness of the dream.
When I told my youngest daughter about it, she didn't laugh at all. I asked her if she didn't think it was funny and she said not really, because that was probably the way I really would act.
After I thought about it, I realized she was right. When I decide to get something done, very little distracts me or gets in my way. So the dream ended up annoying me, because it almost seems as if I was nagging at myself to slow down the drive. But why would I want to slow down for vampire spiders? And just what did the spiders represent? And do I really want to know?

1 Comments:

Blogger Cosmic Siren said...

My guess it that the vampire spiders are problems those other people have that are sucking the life out of them and they are trying to give you their extra problems to care of.

Think back on the past two or three days. Has there been people trying to give you their projects or get you to do stuff for them?

But you refuse to take those spiders because you have things to do and priorities to manage.

My kids are asleep right now, but I think they would find your dream at least a little funny.

4:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

|