I Just Wanted To Say...

What is your problem?

Name:
Location: Georgia, United States

I am me. More than I was, less than I will be. This is difficult. Facts-female, southern, mother and grandmother. Abstract-a Christian, a loner, intelligent, somewhat arrogant, impatient with stupidity, an unusual sense of humor.

7/24/2005

Rosemary Foccacia Bread

A favorite of my family is Rosemary Foccacia Bread. We have it most often in the fall and winter when we eat a lot of stews and soups. It is also good with spaghetti. I'm fortunate in that a member of my church gave me a small rosemary plant about seven years ago and it has thrived so well that there are now 5 large bushes in my yard. It is evergreen year round, so I always have fresh rosemary available.

Rosemary Foccacia Bread
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Pillsbury Pizza Crust (found in the same area as the refrigerated canned biscuits)
Olive oil
Salt
Fresh chopped rosemary or dried rosemary
Parmesan cheese

Coat a 9x13 pan with olive oil and drain excess well. Open the pizza crust, unroll, and with oiled hands, press the dough into the pan. With your fingertips, make indentations all over the dough. Lightly salt the entire piece of dough, sprinkle the chopped rosemary and Parmesan cheese over the dough and press down just firmly enough to anchor the rosemary into the dough.
Bake at 350 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes, checking the bottom at ten minutes. The bottom should be a crisp golden brown. Use a pizza cutter and cut into squares. Best served warm. The smell is incredible.

Another option is to use basil, tomatoes and mozzarella. Salt the dough, add chopped basil and sliced tomatoes, sprinkle the tomatoes with a little olive oil and cook for 10 minutes. Add grated mozzarella cheese and cook for another two minutes or until the mozzarella is melted and beginning to brown.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|