I Just Wanted To Say...

What is your problem?

Name:
Location: Georgia, United States

I am me. More than I was, less than I will be. This is difficult. Facts-female, southern, mother and grandmother. Abstract-a Christian, a loner, intelligent, somewhat arrogant, impatient with stupidity, an unusual sense of humor.

7/02/2005

Saturday Supper

Tonight we had barbecue pork ribs, a broccoli, cabbage and carrot slaw with garlic/balsamic vinegar dressing and fresh fruit salad.
Since I know that my daughters and their families will be here tomorrow, I decided to marinate a beef roast overnight. The marinade I like to use is this:
Beef Roast Marinade
1/2 cup olive oil
2 tbsp red wine vinegar
2 tbsp worcestershire sauce
1/4 cup lemon juice
5 cloves of garlic, crushed
2 yellow onions, sliced into strips
2 tbsp peppercorns(I use mixed black, white and pink), crushed
1 tsp salt
Mix all the liquid ingredients well, add the garlic and onions to the liquid, then add the crushed peppercorns and salt. I place the roast in a ziploc freezer bag and then pour the marinade over it and close the bag. I marinate it overnight, turning it as often as I remember it.
The roast can also be frozen in the bag with the marinade and thawed later. The acid in the vinegar and lemon juice really tenderize the meat, and the peppercorns give the outside of the meat a real bite. When I prepare the roast for baking, I sear it on all sides, put it in aluminum foil and pour the marinade over it and close the foil. I bake it it 300 degrees for approximately 3 hours.
I serve it with parslied red potatoes, fresh corn, rolls and a green salad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|