I Just Wanted To Say...

What is your problem?

Name:
Location: Georgia, United States

I am me. More than I was, less than I will be. This is difficult. Facts-female, southern, mother and grandmother. Abstract-a Christian, a loner, intelligent, somewhat arrogant, impatient with stupidity, an unusual sense of humor.

8/30/2005

Quilts

And a couple more quilts.

The quilt on the left is called "Piggy Banks" ( 48' x 60"). Another big favorite of my grandchildren. The eyes are embroidered and the tails are three-dimensional curliques that are appliqued onto the pig. The close-up shows a busted up bank with the coins falling out.
Frogs in a Pond (40" x 56") is the one on the right and was made for my grandson, who is still less than a year old. He is absolutely fascinated with the frogs and will try endlessly to pick them up.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jessica said...

Your piggy bank quilt is fabulous! I've thought about taking up quilting eventually. Is this a standard pattern, or did you make it up?

7:17 PM  
Blogger Mina said...

Thanks. The Piggy Bank quilt is my own design. I saw a similar pig in a book, thought it was really cute, copied it as best I could and enlarged it to a size I could put on a 12x15" square of fabric. This is one of my "happy" quilts. Just looking at it makes me smile.
I hope you do take it up one day. Quilting is a great hobby and for me, provides a creative outlet. I've been doing this for almost twenty years. I learned using the standard patterns, and then once i learned the basics, began to design my own. The Frogs in a Pond quilt and the Window quilt are not standard patterns, either.

7:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

|