I Just Wanted To Say...

What is your problem?

Name:
Location: Georgia, United States

I am me. More than I was, less than I will be. This is difficult. Facts-female, southern, mother and grandmother. Abstract-a Christian, a loner, intelligent, somewhat arrogant, impatient with stupidity, an unusual sense of humor.

8/30/2005

Quilts

One of my hobbies--


These two quilts are approximately 80" x 92". They will fit on a full-sized bed.
The one on the left was made from blocks won by my youngest daughter. We meet with a quilt group once a month and everyone who chooses to can make a previously chosen block with specified colors and then all the names are put into a hat and one person a month wins all the blocks. The pattern is call Hole in the Barn Door. This is another way to make a great quilt. Instead of only a couple of fabrics and a lot of different blocks (like the sampler), this type of quilt uses a lot of different fabrics with only one block. But it still makes a wonderfully varied and visually interesting quilt.
The one on the right is an extremely simple quilt make beautiful by choice of fabric. This was made in a class with about 10 other women. Each of us chose different fabrics and every quilt was completely unique, even though the pattern we used was the same. The lower picture shows the back of the quilt and the quilting can be seen.
I quilt some of my quilts by hand and others are done by machine. Both of these have been machine quilted by a friend who has a special machine for home quilting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|