I Just Wanted To Say...

What is your problem?

Name:
Location: Georgia, United States

I am me. More than I was, less than I will be. This is difficult. Facts-female, southern, mother and grandmother. Abstract-a Christian, a loner, intelligent, somewhat arrogant, impatient with stupidity, an unusual sense of humor.

9/06/2005

All too human?

"To kill, to take a life, requires an understanding, an acceptance of violence. A dark side."


This is a line from a book I am currently reading. The character in question has hysterical amnesia, brought on when she kills a man who was trying to rape her. She prefers to believe herself unable to kill, prefers to believe that good people don't kill. To her, people who take the life of another human being are killers with something dark and unpleasant in them that she personally lacks.

It's an interesting plot line. But if what she wants to believe were true, would an inability to kill make her more human or would it make her less?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|