I Just Wanted To Say...

What is your problem?

Name:
Location: Georgia, United States

I am me. More than I was, less than I will be. This is difficult. Facts-female, southern, mother and grandmother. Abstract-a Christian, a loner, intelligent, somewhat arrogant, impatient with stupidity, an unusual sense of humor.

11/03/2005

Straight to the heart of the matter

I have never before just linked to another blogger and not expanded on what was said. I will not do so with this one, because there is simply nothing I can say that will add to what she has written.

Dr. Sanity(click on the link above) has an post titled "The Intellectual and Moral Bankruptcy of Today's Left". It is a long post, but one of the most well-written and thoughtful ones I have ever read. Anger and disillusionment are there, but those emotions are simply an undercurrent to an impassioned deconstruction of the left. The quote below sums it up well.

"The intellectuals who once promoted the IDEA of freedom, now are ensnared in an IDEOLOGY that depends for its very existence on the silencing of speech; the suppression of ideas; and the persecution of those who dare to refute its tenets. "

Incredible.

(Read the comments, too.)

1 Comments:

Blogger Cosmic Siren said...

http://drsanity.blogspot.com/2005/11/intellectual-and-moral-bankruptcy-of.html

Thought you'd want the direct URL for those who read this later.

12:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

|